Historic Candlelight Service 2015

9:30 AM

Here's my latest poster design for a historic church in New York City. My inspiration came from many walk-throughs of ABC Carpet and Home where there is glitter everywhere and the colors are so striking. I love the colors in the Indian textiles section and decided to incorporate them into this Christmas scene. Hopefully it will set it apart from other Christmas posters in the neighborhood!


The tiles in the corner were my influence from the tiles I saw in Portugal. The glitter was tricky - how do you make something in print look metallic when it is in fact not? It was an experiment with light and dark colors and shading.

Here's the program cover and a little snapshot of the layout inside:




xo,

N

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me

Finding the little joys in this large, beautiful world we live in.

When I'm not designing and fixing liturgy full time, I'm usually involved with lots of other creative projects like photographing, painting, floral designing, and experimenting with cooking!

Like us on Facebook