,

NY Fashion Week: Gen Art Presentation

9:42 AM

Mknz and I spent Valentine's Day running all about town and checking out different places all over the city. We ended the day with a New York Fashion Week presentation over at Pier 59 at the Studio for Gen Art's latest profiled designer, PRMTIV WORLD. LA-based Gen Art helped launch the careers of designers Zac Posen, Vena Cava, Rebecca Taylor, Duckie Brown, and Rodarte among others so it was fun to see another up-and-coming designer who emerged from the street art scene.

It's been a couple of years since I've gone to NYFW, but I definitely have missed being surrounded by the fashion world's most passionate worker bees. How all of the quickly moving parts of these fashion shows get assembled into one working machine is pretty incredible - from a season's designs to the hair and make-up folks to casting the right models to set design...all for a 15-minute presentation of the work.

Some photos from my last run at NYFW in 2012:


Interviewing oldest working model in the industry, Carmen Dell'Orefice


Met my favorites Tilda Lindstam + Amanda Norgaard when they were still green!



Love Tilda - such a chill strange person and she also lives in the East Village I hear


Here are some fun photos from Saturday:











^^I loved going with Mack because we just laughed and kid around the whole time. I feel like people in fashion can be really intense and take the scene too seriously. This year I went with no eye makeup and just lip balm and didn't even care. It helps having a buddy to crack jokes with!  

Tonight I'm headed to Lincoln Center for Anna Sui - excited to see what new designs she's got!

xo,

N


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Very true!! events in NYC are always been amazing and wonderful and I think every event planner wish to organize their events at this happening place. I have attended lots to amazing events and every time, I had a great experience.

    ReplyDelete

About me

Finding the little joys in this large, beautiful world we live in.

When I'm not designing and fixing liturgy full time, I'm usually involved with lots of other creative projects like photographing, painting, floral designing, and experimenting with cooking!

Like us on Facebook