,

You Can Do It All By Yo Shelf

6:14 AM

I'm excited to say I can finally walk around freely in my bedroom again! For a while all of my things were existing in big Whole Foods bags and now they're all tucked away in an organized manner. I spent a few hours on Saturday putting together a tall white bookshelf to put beside my closet door. I was so happy I found one that was the exact size of the wall space! 

I like the idea of being able to grab little doodads that I need from an easy access book shelf, but I wanted to make sure that my things didn't look messy on an open shelf. My solution was to buy six 10 - inch bins made from galvanized steel (I premeasured and thankfully they fit!) to arrange in the bookshelf and assign a category of objects to hold. Now I have "crafts" and "electronics" and "toiletries" etc.

Sometimes my ideas don't work out but this one turned out great. I like treating my room like a project where I can be as creative as I like! My ceilings are really high so I have to think about a lot of upward space and how to utilize it. Next on my list is beginning to gather pieces for a gallery wall....ordering a corner table...transforming my windowsill area...modifying the closet doors...

Wish me luck!

xo,

N






You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me

Finding the little joys in this large, beautiful world we live in.

When I'm not designing and fixing liturgy full time, I'm usually involved with lots of other creative projects like photographing, painting, floral designing, and experimenting with cooking!

Like us on Facebook