Painting Pottery

9:12 AM

I went out to Carroll Gardens yesterday afternoon to see a friend while she was working and after catching up with her I decided to wander the neighborhood for a while because I've missed it so much! I lived in Brooklyn Heights for a couple of years and used to take walks through Cobble Hill and Carroll Gardens to explore the yummy eats and shops out there. The place has such a neighborhood-y feel and in the lazy, late summer afternoons there's a quiet hum in the air.

I happened upon The Painted Pot and decided to pop in for a couple of hours to paint a coffee mug! Back home my sisters and I used to go to a place called Clay-n-Latte in San Diego and paint cute little figurines that would be fired during the week in a kiln.

There's an $8.00 studio fee added to the price of the item you choose.




I drew first with graphite and then filled in with paint. I'm curious to see how the colors turn out once they get fired.


Cute little bright shop.




Practicing with a needle point nozzle. You have to get that perfect balance between pressure and surface hovering.


My little surfer girl!

Pax,

N

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me

Finding the little joys in this large, beautiful world we live in.

When I'm not designing and fixing liturgy full time, I'm usually involved with lots of other creative projects like photographing, painting, floral designing, and experimenting with cooking!

Like us on Facebook