Launch Party: The Pixie and the Scout

7:49 PM

A couple of weeks ago some friends of mine, the Pixie and the Scout, threw a party at their new space in Brooklyn to celebrate the launch of their kitchen and Kickstarter. The Pixie and the Scout, aka Katy and Jonathan, began their careers as professional cooks in NYC but broke free from the restaurant biz to do things their own way. What resulted was a philosophy for food and cooking that focused on community between farmers, chefs, and dinner attendees. The P + S have built relationships with farmers to give power to the food suppliers and to prepare produce and vegetables that are in-season.

Remember the IAM Supper event? They definitely know how to throw a good party!


Treasure from the party - a recipe card with brussels sprouts! I thought they were just mini posters, but I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the package over coffee at the Roost the next morning.


Jonathan + Katy!








Mknz + Scott



I love their table - it's a huge plank of wood on top of sawhorses.








Katy is so cute on her soap box.






It was a lovely time feasting and drinking and celebrating!

Pax,

N

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Yeah!! I agree with you that when we plan any party, budget plays very important role. Actually this happened with me also. So I think it’s better to hire someone as they know how to manage things in a certain budget. Can you recommend me some good party planner who works on a tight budget?

    ReplyDelete

About me

Finding the little joys in this large, beautiful world we live in.

When I'm not designing and fixing liturgy full time, I'm usually involved with lots of other creative projects like photographing, painting, floral designing, and experimenting with cooking!

Like us on Facebook