A Happy Anniversary

12:00 AM

I received the sweetest card from Mackenzie along with a beautiful gift from Still House! He's always the one taking me on lovely dinner dates out in the city so I wanted to take him somewhere special this time around. He met me on the Bowery, flowers in hand, and we walked to Soho together for a nice supper at Cafe Gitane.


He painted my name in katakana on the front...


And on the back he put a little sticker of a puppy and the name Jolie (in homage to my puppy back in CA)!!


Here are a couple of the flowers from the bouquet he brought me! They looked like sunshine and smelled like spring!


This beautifully-designed box revealed...


This beautifully-designed teacup! I've been obsessing over handless ceramic teacups after seeing the Small Spells + Morris Kitchen collaboration over on Nicole Franzen's blog.


I especially love this teacup by 3,co because it's both edgy and delicate at the same time -- the walls of the cup are thin and organically-wrought whilst being bottom-heavy for sturdiness. The outside is matte black and the inside is smoothly glazed. I love it!


So thankful for Mackenzie for knowing me so well...life is so funny with little surprises. You just never know what's going to happen next!

Pax,

N

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me

Finding the little joys in this large, beautiful world we live in.

When I'm not designing and fixing liturgy full time, I'm usually involved with lots of other creative projects like photographing, painting, floral designing, and experimenting with cooking!

Like us on Facebook