Melina Returns from Paris!

9:52 AM

Melina spent a weekend in Paris and I was so excited to catch up with her about her adventure! You can read a little about her trip here.
I love her travel philosophy - do something tourist-y and something local. I usually lean towards the local side of things, because that's where the real flavor of a place resides. The people, the local eats, the neighborhood hole-in-the-wall...makes me want to jump on a plane and travel again! I'm planning on going to Europe again this year sometime to visit my sister in the Netherlands, so hopefully that will quell my travel yearnings.


Treats Mel brought back for me: art postcards and a vintage house key from the flea market!

This morning we went to (where else?) the Maialino this morning to chat and get breakfast. I ordered (what else?) the farina dolce, which was so yummy! I always enjoy great conversation paired with delicious food...inspired me to think about how I need to host my own brunch sometime soon! Once the weather gets warmer I can't wait to feel more active and social...when it's cold I tend to hibernate with books and tea in bed or be more inclined to have one-on-one time with people. When it's warm out I just love calling everybody to get together!


Cream of wheat with torched sugar and sweet pear compote.

Pax,

N

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me

Finding the little joys in this large, beautiful world we live in.

When I'm not designing and fixing liturgy full time, I'm usually involved with lots of other creative projects like photographing, painting, floral designing, and experimenting with cooking!

Like us on Facebook