First Issue of Mockingbird

9:04 AM

I've had the privilege of receiving one of the first copies of Mockingbird's inaugural print issue. Dave Zahl sent 10 of them over to Melina and I've been reserving an article for every train ride or sit-down meal. The quarterly is a really good-looking mag, having been designed by the dude who helps design the Oxford University Press. I think back to another brilliantly designed magazine that I used to work at (BULLETT) and kind of scoff at the memory of it because the written content didn't match up. 

But perhaps my tastes have changed and I'm more into seeking out the literary magazines that stand heavier on the writing side and spotted with great graphics rather than picture-heavy rags with bland quips. Bottom line, I'm really digging Mockingbird.


Pax,

N

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me

Finding the little joys in this large, beautiful world we live in.

When I'm not designing and fixing liturgy full time, I'm usually involved with lots of other creative projects like photographing, painting, floral designing, and experimenting with cooking!

Like us on Facebook