Christmas a La Casa

8:29 AM

Our Christmas tree still stands in front of the family den window, twinkling lights ignited and red gold orbs aglow. How difficult it is to part with our lovely decorations despite the calendar racing into the new year! 


We had such a wonderful Christmas spent with family. We hosted a small Christmas dinner with my grandmother and the family of my mother's younger brother. Christmas morning we made a tapas-style breakfast serving eggs cooked with spinach, fresh tomatoes from the garden, shallots, and Monchego cheese. My mother assembled French baguette slices with a salty garlic sauce and slices of brie topped with fig butter. I roasted brussels sprouts tossed with olive oil, maple syrup, sea salt, and white pepper.


A view from above on Christmas morning when Hannie, Eri, and I sneak downstairs in the earliest light of morn to find our stockings. This year's stocking reap produced dark chocolate bars, peppermint cremes, and milled soap bars.


Eri's candy cane sock-monkey onesie.


Hannie brought thick chocolate bars back from the Netherlands.






You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me

Finding the little joys in this large, beautiful world we live in.

When I'm not designing and fixing liturgy full time, I'm usually involved with lots of other creative projects like photographing, painting, floral designing, and experimenting with cooking!

Like us on Facebook